Multigrain bread

For the visits to our home by the PTC students, I've been baking different things so they can try American baked goods. Bread here is either wonderbread-type bread from the store or millet bread which is not at all the consistency of bread we Americans are used to. So for the 3rd years I baked cornbread, for the 2nd years banana bread, and for the 1st years, I tried multigrain yeast bread. Now, I will admit that I got a little carried away by the multigrain thing. This is the same recipe I used for the previous yeast bread I posted about, but instead of just wheat flour, I used a cup of millet flour, a cup of cassava flour, a cup of sorghum flour, a cup of cornflour, and then the rest wheat flour.



It actually did taste good, especially when it just came out of the pot (haha, not the oven!). But I think maybe it is more bread-like when it has less of a variety of flours in it! Nevertheless, it was a very pretty bread.

Comments