Recent Ugandan cooking

Here are some of the meals that we have had recently. We continue to enjoy making Ugandan food, but sometimes we make other kinds of food, like here where we made burritos with guacamole! I made the homemade tortillas I remember my dad making while I was growing up:

Dad’s Tortillas
2 cups flower
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons of lard or shortening
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt

It needs to be wet enough. Rolling thinner is better, and a hot pan is
essential. Put the rolled out tortilla in a hot pan, it should make little
bubbles. When it does, turn it over. Only the bubble parts should brown.


We also made fish with Japanese seasonings, cassava chips, and avocado:


Then back to Ugandan food. Here is the breakfast of chicken and eggs from Mukura and after it, lunch in Mukura - chicken, meat, rice, millet bread, and peanut sauce.



We also made our own posho, beans, greens with peanut sauce, and cabbage


And I successfully made my own millet bread (I will do another post on how to cook it) with tilapia sauce and greens in peanut sauce

Comments