Stacy's banana bread

Something that helps to demonstrate to me and Stacy that we are related is our love of cooking and baking and, well, food in general. So, when she posted this recipe for banana bread on her blog, it made me want to make banana bread too, especially since bananas are in such abundance here in Uganda. So, for the visit by Anthony's 2nd year students, I made that recipe for banana bread (minus the chocolate chips) by steaming it on the stovetop. It turned out great and was a hit with the students. They even suggested that I teach them to bake things like that so they could make it when they're at home and sell it to help support themselves. So perhaps I'll get the chance to do so next term.

Additionally, since I bought yogurt to make the banana bread, I made myself some granola to go with the leftover yogurt as breakfast. Mmmm, oats, millet flour, honey, oil, peanuts, and raisins.

Comments